Microwave Repair

Yes, we repair microwave ovens! Please call us (208) 415-1500 to schedule service to repair your microwave or any other major household appliance you have issues with.

Microwave Oven Maintenance

The maintenance on a microwave oven is simple: keep the interior and exterior clean. Also make sure that the air vents are clear of debris for proper ventilation. The interior can be cleaned with a damp cloth and a mild detergent. If food particles are allowed to collect in the oven cavity, on the stirrer blade or cover, or waveguide, the food will become carbonized, causing arcing, improper heating, and possible damage to the components. When cleaning the control panel, use a damp cloth only. Also, do not use a spray cleaner or harsh chemicals on the touch panel. This will prevent touch panel from shorting out or preventing some of the keypad functions from working properly.

Inspect the service cord and outlet; check the prongs of the plug for a tight fit. A loose connection can cause the service cord to heat up and short out. This is especially important on built-in models, given the amount of heat that some of these ovens can generate. Additionally, keep the area around the microwave oven clean.

After cooking in a microwave oven, the smell of food lingers for quite a while. There have been cases where cockroaches have penetrated into the microwave oven, traveling to the electronics area, and eating the wires and the metal traces off the printed circuit boards, causing expensive repairs. But you can prevent all that by placing a fine mesh over the intake and discharge vent areas. You might have to clean the mesh more often, however, because dust and dirt will build up on the mesh much faster.

Recipe for Microwave Oven Odor Removal

To remove cooking odors from the microwave, combine one cup of water, grated lemon peels, lemon juice, and several slices of lemon. Next, stir and place in a microwave-safe container. Cook in high power, and let the mixture boil for several minutes. When the oven shuts off, let the mixture cool, remove the container from the oven, and wipe the interior with a damp cloth.